Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dreams

As I anxiously await the election results I decided to do my daily post.

I woke up in the middle of the night, as I often do because I really don't sleep well, and I could remember what I had just been dreaming. I usually remember when a dream was bad and I don't think this one was. I did sit up and think that with a little working of the details I could make a great story out of it. I've done this with a few dreams I've had or at least tried. So I play the story over and over in my head because I didn't want to get out of bed. And I just kept thinking about it hoping I would remember in the morning. Of course I don't remember and it's driving me mad. It's so far gone I can't even grasp it and if I ever do recall it, I doubt that I'll know that it was from that particular dream. Now I'll just torment myself forever for forgetting.
Who knows maybe there was no dream and I dreamed I had a cool idea or maybe the idea really wasn't that good. I guess I will never know, but I will have to start keeping a pencil by my bed.

I'm going to be stuck in Ann Arbor the next two days and I'm not sure how much writing I'll get done. I'll still post of course. Even though I have to be up super early I'm hoping to put a huge dent in my novel tonight. I'm starting to get behind what I should be and I don't want to not finish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny, i had a crazy dream i wanted to write down last night, too.
i was also too lazy to get out of bed and do anything about it.

sigh.

on a happier note, it looks like the election went pretty well. (i'm a bit upset about the outcome of some of the proposals, but the balance of power in congress is ultimately more important to me...so...i'm happy)

p.s.
'stuck in ann arbor?'
noooo!
ann arbor is fun. come have a drink at my bar!

D.B. Echo said...

I was so tired last night when I tried to read it that I hallucinated large chunks of text that weren't there. Seriously. I had to read it four times before I was sure that what I had read was what you had written.

Oddly enough, someone made a comment this past Monday on The Comics Curmudgeon referring to the I-had-a-great-idea-in-a-dream phenomenon and its bearing on Monday's Beetle Bailey strip:
http://joshreads.com/?p=826#comment-92271