Sunday, November 11, 2007

Whattcha reading?

Can you believe that yesterday was my 300th post and I didn't even realize it? How amazing is that?

Anyway, another thing that I can't believe is that I've never read a Chuck Palahniuk book. Everyone has recommended at least reading some of his stuff, whether or not they thought it was good. We even referenced his work in our query letter for Behind the Naugahyde. Obviously, on Jenni's suggestion.
So I've decided to changed this and I went to the library today. The branch that I was at only had one book, Haunted, so I checked it out. But I must admit after everything I've read about him and from what I've read on the book jacket, I'm a little worried about reading it. I haven't started it so if anyone has input please let me know.

As for what else I've been reading lately, I've gotten back into comics a bit thanks to a friend who buys a few things regularly and lets me borrow them. Of course he's a Marvel fan and I like DC titles a bit more but I'll take what I can get.

I've also been reading books too. I finished Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty. Before that I was reading the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe. I had already read a bit of his work but I thought I'd reread some and read others for the first time. It seemed to fit since it was right before Halloween and I started reading it the day my dad had his surgery.
I know it may seem slightly odd to read work mostly about death when someone is having a very serious surgery and then thinking that the work was fitting but I don't mean it in a morbid way.
My dad used to talk about Edgar Allan Poe when I was younger. He really liked the Tell-Tale Heart and the Black Cat. Once, when I was younger, I checked out a book with these stories for my dad but I don't think he ever picked it up. Anyway, that's why I decided to read it.
So that's what I've been reading and what I plan on reading. I still have yet to get anywhere near those Tolkien books but I will eventually, I'm sure.

No comments: