Saturday, November 03, 2007

Is it really the weekend?

Wow, you'd think by the third day of NaBloPoMo I'd have something super awesome to write about, but no I didn't really get a chance to put a lot of effort in to today's post. First off I worked all day, which isn't usual for Saturdays but I had to make up for the time I spent in Ann Arbor. And now I'm getting ready to go out for the night because sometimes you just need a break. I've been working, running around like crazy along with starting two writing projects this week and that has pretty much consumed me so I'm slacking off for a bit.
Tomorrow my friend R (I don't know if she would want me to use her name and I know on her blog she calls me Supergirl. Yet, the best I can come up with for her is the first letter of her first name), who I also have the pleasure of working with on occasion, is having her senior art show to get her degree in fine art. I'm super excited but I have no one to go with so that's kind of a bummer since it's a bit of a drive. I hope everything goes well for her. She was having all kinds of dilemmas with framing and censoring. Goodness.
And aside from being a cool person who has an adorable yet not mainstream style wardrobe, that also understands the artistic struggle, she has a crazy resemblance to Jenni. Freakish almost. Not that R or Jenni are freakish its just that they both somehow ended up working at the same shoe store one after the other. They are the same height, wear the same hard to find shoe size, same hair color, similar glasses, both speak German, and both are very creative. R wants to teach English as a second language in Japan. Jenni is certified to teach English as a second language. Also both make things from scratch. Jenni makes a purse out of seat belts, as well as making earrings, rugs and lots of other stuff. R makes scarves, hats and I'm sure that's not all.
The similarities are not all in my head either. Everyone, who has worked at the shoe store with Jenni and R, have noticed it too.

Well this post was just suppose to be about what I am doing this weekend and how I'm slacking on writing, yet it turned out a little different. Writing without the headlights on if you will. Or something.

NaNoWriMo word count: 1325

No comments: