Thursday, July 13, 2006

What to do?

I've spent the past week or so scrambling to get the first three chapters done. It seemed like nearly every second went to that. Now that it's done I don't know what to do with myself. I know I should start working on the next part but since Jenni and I are partners we have to come up with what's next together. So until we get a chance to meet and come up with an outline for the next chapters, they really isn't much to do.
I do have other projects to work on. My comic story I was working on came to halt when the three chapter demand rolled in so I should get back to that.

Aside from what to write next my mind is kind of cluttered. I just read my bosses live journal and it seems like I might be needing a new job soon. It would be great to get something in the publishing field but their just isn't much of that around here. Maybe I can go back to bartending. That's always a great way to meet crazy characters and my boss did say that the only thing people are buying right now is booze.

Well if Jenni and I lose our jobs at least we'll have plenty of time to write our novel. There's always a bright side, I think.

4 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Ashley, check it out! This site linked my entry about you, and lots of these people are clicking through to you!

http://womenincomics.blogspot.com/

D.B. Echo said...

Wow. They get a LOT of hits. I hope some of them are coming your way!

D.B. Echo said...

...and one of the two authors is from East Lansing?!?!?

http://kalinara.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I agree with the restless feeling. I got the chapters mailed and I was like, hrm, I *guess* I could fill out my application to Long Ridge Writers Group?

I think if CB goes belly-up we should apply to Playmakers. They were hoppin yesterday! ;)