Thursday, June 09, 2005

Too hot to function!

First let me say that it is HOT! I know it's Michigan but it has been near ninety everyday this week and it's not changing for a while. But don't worry my creative juices are still flowing and have not been run dry by this sweltering heat. However, I have no air conditioning in my office(home) so I have no desire to do anything but lay in front of the fan. I have a way to fix this problem though.

It is time for me to become one of the stereo-typical writers who sits in a coffee shop. Actually, it will probably be a restaurant, I hate coffee but love food. I know since I have no functioning laptop that I will have to go old school and break out the pen and paper. This will also create more work for me later when I have to type it in. Although, it's better than sitting around doing nothing but watching my thoughts to write about flow out of my head like the breeze from my fan out of my window.

Since I clearly haven't been writing too much, there really isn't much to say. I did start summer classes this week. I'm taking a course where we critique literature. It's a lot of essay writing about interpreting what other writers are trying to say. I don't know how well I'll do because half the time I don't even know what we're talking about.

No comments: