Sunday, June 26, 2005

The best part of writing

The heat is back and to be honest the last thing I want to do is write. I love the thought process of writing, it lets me get away from my stressful and boring reality. Dreaming about the lives of others, that are far more interesting than my own, that is something I can never shut off. However, the physical act of fingers to keys or pencil to paper seems dreadful to me in the heat. Doing anything other than laying perfectly still in front of a fan makes me miserable. But you'll be happy to know that during this current heat wave I have trudged on. Because I love dreaming, which is the best part of writing. And unfortunately, without the physical act of putting my words on paper my dreams would be lost. If not lost then merely kept to myself. Not out for the world to see and share in the dreaming that makes me happy.

As for this blog, it has occurred to me that it may not be the most entertaining thing to read, but I can't please everyone. I write this journal mostly for myself, so I can one day look back and see how much I tried or didn't try to accomplish my dream. If someone wants to read about my adventure, please do. If it entertains you or bores you, the point is you read it. And whether you continue to read it or never look at it again doesn't bother me. I know no matter what I write, I will never please everyone and I'm going to have to learn to be okay with that. So if nobody ever comments on my blog or even reads it. Oh well, at least my story didn't go untold like those who say 'I could do better' and don't even try.

Just an update on the progress of my ventures. I have applied for a job writing a continuing prose saga featuring a superhuman. I'll let you know how that goes. Also the third issue is coming along real well. Hopefully, it will be finished by the end of the week.

No comments: