Friday, January 27, 2006

It's just not good.

Today was the first day I worked on the story for my creative writing class. I had the idea and a few notes down, but today was the first day I actually wrote any of it. I worked on it all day. I hate it! But I couldn't think of anything else to send to my classmates and I barley made the deadline.
I really liked the idea. It sounded great to me. But once I started writing it, I just couldn't make it work. I'm not just saying this because it's not a genre my deep, thoughtful classmates don't usually enjoy. I have had lots of stories that I have had doubts about other people liking but I loved them. I enjoyed writing them. I was excited about them. I really just don't like this story. Maybe it's because I didn't have enough time to go over it over and over again. Maybe I felt pressured into writing it. I'm not sure but I really don't like it. I didn't even finish it. It has no ending. I barley finished the first part. Who knows maybe as I finish it I'll find a way to like it. I know it sounds weird but I would not read this story. It's a really frustrating feeling to have. I often wonder how I could possibly not like something I wrote.

No comments: