Monday, November 14, 2005

Reviewing peers

My novel progress has unfortunately slowed. I am no longer on track because I should be half way done by tomorrow. I am not. I'm close but not quite. I have been working on a few other things so I've been a little sidetracked.

The first thing that I've been working on is my class reviews. I have to read nine short stories that are written by my peers and review them. It is tough. I see things that I would change but I don't know how to word it. I don't want to offend anyone. I have a tough time reviewing famous literature. It's ten times more tough when you have to present it to the writer personally. This is something I know shouldn't bother me but I just don't like doing it.

Another thing I have been working on is entries for a writing contest. It's an LCC contest and whoever wins go to a state competition. There is no entry fee. You do have to get a teacher to sign off on the entry and submit it for you. The deadline is next Friday but since I won't see my creative writing professor next week due to the holiday I have to have them ready before Thursday. I'm submitting two of the stories I have been sending out to companies, but I want to give them a good revision. After all they didn't get picked up by anyone so maybe they could use some extra work.

I try getting to my novel when I can but it's been a busy week. Hopefully, I can make it.

No comments: