Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Coming up short?

As I was working on my novel today something occurred to me. What if I finish writing my novel and it's not 50,000 words. It's possible, especially since this will be my first full novel. Generally a novel would be more than 175 pages but it doesn't have to be. What would I do? Should I just force more for no apparent reason, start something else, write a crazy introduction or epilogue or do I just finish and not complete my NaNoWriMo task? I hope that doesn't happen but it could. I guess I'll figure it out if I get there, but hopefully my novel is longer than that.

It's still going well, though. I'm still on track and hopefully it will stay that way. I have pretty much set aside everything else in my life. I barely watch T.V., reading has been limited and poor Kreeg( my canine companion) has been lacking on walks. Darn you NaNoWriMo, you've turned me into a writing monster. That's okay, I like it and it's only a month.
I also added a new friend to my list. My fellow co-worker has decided to attempt to complete the challenge. Of course, I read a bit of hers and it makes mine seem kind of boring. I was thinking about posting a preview either here or at the web-site but I'm not sure I want anyone reading mine. I know, what's the point? I'll probably put something up when I get to a more exciting part.

No comments: