Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's a great movie. I was not disappointed.

I went to see the Order of the Phoenix on Monday and it was awesome! They cut out a lot of the book out but the action, especially the last 20 minutes in 3D at IMAX, was bad ass! It was the shortest movie, I think, for the longest book but they did a good job of fitting the major parts of the story into the movie. And while I did want more it was kind of nice that it wasn't three hours long like every other summer blockbuster usually is. Although, it would be nice if they eventually came out with longer director's cut DVDs like they did for the Lord of the Rings.
Now we wait for the book!
I didn't finish the Order of the Phoenix before going to see it but I finished yesterday. I guess I'll just have to see it again now that I'm done. And I started on Half-Blood Prince today. It's a bit ahead of schedule but my reading time at work has dwindled down due to the huge sale and absence of employees. So it's good I have extra time.

Speaking of work there is some scandalous stuff going on that would make great book material. I hope to have news to report on the progress of Behind the Naugahyde soon. No promises.

So with an even crazier schedule at work and Harry Potter mania going on I don't have much to report about writing. But both things should be over with soon and then I'll get back on track.

No comments: