Monday, July 16, 2007

A blogger award for me? You've got to be kidding.

[schmooze_award.gif]No way! I can't believe I won an award for blogging. Now I feel like a bum for being a blog slacker lately.
Thanks to D.B.Echo for giving me this lovely award. And now I have the task of passing it on to someone. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what the criteria is. My interpretation is that it should go to someone that give something to the blogging community so I gladly give this award to Tiffany.

Tiffany writes an entertaining blog, If I Were Queen Of The World, that makes me laugh. I particularly enjoy her stories about the customers that wander into her bar. However, the thing that I admire most about Tiffany and her blog is that she is very honest about how she feels. She'll tell you if she thinks someone is an idiot. And she is not afraid of people not liking her for it. If Tiffany has something to say, she says it. To me that action itself is louder than the words she writes, which are thoughtful, intelligent and funny.

**Honorable mention goes to D.B.Echo and Whim, who both have great blogs but already won the award!**

I think that anyone who writes has to be willing to put themselves out there. I do try to keep my opinions to myself because I want this blog to be about writing and not a fighting spot for people to disagree with me on politics or comic books. But I think everyone that blogs (because they have something to say, not those who do it just for profit) has to have a bit of courage because they are putting some small or large piece of themselves out their for anyone to find and potentially criticize, no matter what the subject is. So every blogger brings their own little something and should all get an award.

It's quite nice to receive this award, although, I'm not entirely sure I deserve it. If anything it has got me to make a post today, which I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. So thanks for the award and the motivation to make a post!

2 comments:

tiffany said...

awww...thanks ashley!
i feel so special! but, for the record, you did get one thing wrong. i'm not afraid of saying what i think, that's true...but i AM afraid that people will not like me for it.
i just do it anyway.
and then live in terror of mean comments.

strangely, i almost never get any mean comments.
i think when people disagree with me, they just go away and come back later when i've posted something different.

wow, this comment is getting long. maybe i should make a whole post about it.

anyway, thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations :). I am glad that others see how wonderful you are and that you deserve such an award!