Saturday, December 31, 2005

IT"S DONE!

Well just in time to put on my list of writing accomplishments for 2005, I have completed the rough draft of my first novel. After pushing myself to finish it for NaNoWriMo and failing, I decided to push myself to finish it by the end of the year. Today I got up and struggled through the last chapters. Now keep in mind it's not really finished. I'll put it aside and read it later. I already have notes on things I should check for. So to give you a lot of info would be a bad idea, seeing as how I'll probably tear it apart considering how I feel about my work(I never think it's good). I will tell you this, right now it stands 22 chapters long.

To wrap up my New Year's Eve post I wanted to say how excited I am that in this year I got my first fiction story published and had an ashcan made for my first comic book(hopefully to come in 2006) . There were many other things to be proud of. Out of all the submissions I sent out I received 22 rejection notices. That means 22 people may have taken the time to read my work! I also have wonderful people reading my blog that I started this year, thanks everyone! It's a lot to be happy about.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: