Friday, September 30, 2005

A novel, nonsense and shattered dreams!

Okay here's what's been up in the world of me. First, I actually got an interesting assignment for the Lookout this week. So hopefully that article rocks because I really want it to.

I think now that I'm writing for the paper, I might not write the reviews anymore. I have enjoyed it but the site has been sometimes only publishing one review I send each week, instead of two, which I'm not sure if it's because of space. It could be because they don't like my writing, choice of small independent books or my pointing out how the women look trashy for no reason. No hard feelings though, it wasn't really my thing. I don't think many people read it anyway and I don't want to stress my self out by doing all this stuff like reviews and the paper, because they're not the kind of work I love to do. Besides the paper is a better publishing credit and I get experience working with an editor. Not to mention that I feel like I say the same thing every week. For now though, I am still doing them but I'll probably stop soon.

So I finally finished the second installment of Double Take the story I wrote that got published in Pandora's Gate. I think I'll send it to them and then wait to see if anyone else picks up the first part before I send out the second part to other places.

In my creative writing class we're working on poetry which isn't my favorite form of writing. It's been interesting learning that you can pretty much do whatever you want and people are like 'that's deep'. It doesn't have to rhyme, or tell a story. It doesn't have to make any sense and someone will still make sense of it. Fabulous!

I think tomorrow being the first of the month, I am going to start a novel. What? I know but I have a really good idea for one and I think it's important to explore all my options. I don't just want to say things that can fit into a comic book or short story. So I'm going to give it a whirl. And all the books I've read say I need to have a schedule and if I follow it I can be done in three months. Don't worry, I'll be writing other things while I work on it too.

And finally on a lighter note (not that any of this was that serious), two of my dreams were shattered this week when Wizard the comic magazine came out. First of all I will not be the first woman listed on the Wizard's top 10 current hottest writer's list, but Yippee! for Gail Simmone who did get that. (And actually there might have been someone before her but none that I'm aware.) Secondly, I was not named Comic's hottest fan girl ever, which went to some model who's dad writes comics. Oh what will I work for now?

No comments: