Thursday, September 15, 2005

Exhausted and loving it!

I have to say that I was more than a little stressed this week and I was actually excited about it. This week has had a lot to do with my writing. So let me tell you all the things that have caused me to be exhausted but pleased with myself.

First I'll mention that since the Lookout was published on Monday, a new article must be written this week. So I had to meet with my editor, figure out what I could cover, get all the details, reserve a seat for the seminar and buy a tape recorder.

Then my next problem was my creative writing class. Our first big paper was due today and I basically started it last night and finished a half an hour before class. The reason I waited so long was because I seriously had talked myself out of going to the class. I don't want to follow the rules of fiction and I don't want to read aloud to my peers, which is what today consisted of. Why did I go? Because I can't break a commitment, especially one to myself. I'm glad I went though, we were in small groups and only had to read our first paragraph out loud. Besides that my peers didn't really evaluate me on how I followed the rules but on the creative aspects of the story. The best part was they liked it and my professor even sat in and made a few comments about what she liked. So it was pretty cool.

I got another rejection letter and took forever opening it. I was happy that they said it was just a bit too long for their publication, not "it sucked, don't submit another story ever!"

I got my reviews done too and I didn't think I'd get a chance to. I even fit in a few submissions. I also got up the nerve to give my comic script to someone for some input.

It was a crazy week but I loved it.

No comments: