Sunday, May 11, 2008

How to fill the time at work

My plans had been for a longer post on an actual topic, but I have a ton of books to put on half.com. Also I work at the incredibly slow store tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to write a longer post.
I'll also have time to write and edit other stories. Not to mention I might get some reading done. I finally started on the Tolkien collection. Last week I reread the Hobbit and I must really not have payed attention the first time around because I didn't remember much particularly the ending. Now I feel I should read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I'm not sure I will.
It seems most logical but we've been talking a lot about Wicked the book because Wicked the musical is coming back to town after it sold out in record numbers here last year. Most of the discussion has been about how different the book is. So I might read Wicked next. And thanks to a really crazy story, I do happen to own a copy of Wicked so I can read it any time. The only reason I'm thinking now is a good time is because others want to borrow it when I'm done and because it's not like the Hobbit is part of the LOTR trilogy, so it seems like a good time to take a break.
Is it just me or do I seriously over think which book to read next?

2 comments:

Missy said...

I can read The Hobbit anytime, but I kinda have to be ready to read LOTR, because once I start I am going to read the whole trilogy in a row. I'd take a break.

whimsical brainpan said...

I tend to think a lot about what I'm going to read next sometimes. I want to read something that will match my mood.

Wicked is a pretty good read.