Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beginnings, Middles and Ends

My access to the Internet is no longer restricted. Yay.

Thank you to everyone for their concern about my family's bad news. I don't really want to go into it much, I'll just say that we knew that it was going to happen and we figured it would be soon. And even though we still don't know much, the news is still hard to take. If any of that makes sense.

It's been a crazy week and weekend. Lots going on. Work, baby showers, promotion parties, match making, quality time with loved ones. Just tons of stuff really.
I know that I still need to write my post about Wicked, as well as the post about submissions. I promise I'll get one or more done this week. Right now I just have a lot going on. Stuff to ship, bills to figure out, people that I need to spend time with. And did I mention I started a new job this week.
I wish I could sing a joyous song about my exit from the shoe store but that won't happen for at least three months. My news job is at an elementary school. Their school year is about to end so in three weeks I'll be on summer break, which they don't pay me for. So I need to sell shoes until then and maybe longer. I'll have to wait and see.
I'm super excited about working with kids. I think they're fun. They imaginations are full of wonder. I'll have some good experiences to write about, which may come in handy if I ever do write a children's book. That idea has definitely crossed my mind more than once.

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I'm happy, sad, happy, and happy for you. I think.

Good luck with everything!