Saturday, May 24, 2008

Burst Into Flames

This has been in the works for a while but today has set me off beyond belief. I have another excellent reason why I want to become a successful writer. I want to be able to move out in the middle of nowhere with no one around and no one to deal with except an occasional editor and a few choice people. Why, you ask? Because I am sick of humanity. I can no longer stand the selfishness and distrust of everyone I come in contact with.

I am tired of listening to people whine about the fact that no one bothered to waste their time making the absolute perfect shoe for one single person's feet and only charge $10 for it. I just want to say to them, 'yes it sucks that you can't find a shoe that is the exact size, price, comfort, look, color, heel, toe, back, front, top, bottom, side that you want but get over it. You're too friggin' picky. Stop acting like the whole world is out to get you. You're just lucky that you can afford shoes and they are available for you to buy. Their are people all of the world that would take two shoes that were falling apart, two different styles, two different sizes and just be grateful that they didn't have to walk miles everyday barefoot.'
I don't know if I'll be able to hold my tongue for the next person that jumps out of their luxury sedan and gets attitude with me because the store I work at doesn't have a white sandal for them to take on their cruise, then asks me "well what am I suppose to do," as if I should drop everything in the world to solve this problem.

And I'm tired of the people who e-mail me because they did not receive their $10 item exactly five days after they paid for it. I'm sorry, sometimes there are way more important things in my life than driving to the post office everyday to get every package out on time. Look I have to sell my stuff because my hours got cut and work and I can't pay my rent. I have to wait for your money to transfer from paypal before I can afford to pay the shipping. I don't want to have to post my possesions on eBay everyday. I'm sorry that I try to save time and money by only going to the post office 2-3 times a week. I'm sorry that my Internet got shut off and I couldn't answer your e-mail the minute you sent it. I'm sorry that I need to work, help out my family and take care of my own problems, thus not giving me time to drop everything for you. I'm trying really hard here but I'm not perfect. Your package got out late, it's not the end of the world. If that was the worst thing that happened to me I'd be filled with joy.
And before you act all big and bad behind your harsh words typed on your keyboard hundreds of miles away, check my excellent feedback and realize that I am not, in fact, trying to rip you off of your $10 and perhaps, just maybe, you could think about all the reasons that the package might be late other than me stealing from you. For instance, something bad happened to me or someone I care about, there was an error somewhere along the way or perhaps the seller has a life outside of selling stuff on eBay and had a lot going on that was extremely important to her, and thus your package got in the mail a few days late.

But if all of the shoe shoppers and eBay buyers took a few minutes to realize that the world is not perfect and that it doesn't revolve around them, what would I write about? Freedom, Love, Beauty, Peace, Truth, Joy, Love, Compassion, Understanding, Kindness, Courtesy, Sharing, Harmony? I don't suppose anyone would want to read about those. The concepts would be to foreign. They wouldn't relate to my work and they'd go online and bash it under the title of 'anonymous'.

Okay, I'm sorry but I just really needed to say that. And speaking of flaws into humanity and the wanting of the perfect shoes, I have finished Wicked and will write my thoughts on it shortly but right now I need to do something, I'm just not sure what.

*I have written this in a not-so-happy state. Forgive me for run on sentences or spelling and grammar flaws. I just needed to get it out asap.

No comments: