Friday, February 02, 2007

Lucky number 7

What a day?! The release date for the 7th and final Harry Potter book was announced today. Coincidentally, it was on the same day that Jenni sent me a completed (but not yet edited) edition of chapter 7 of Behind the Naugahyde. Is it the universe's way of trying to intertwine the fates of great books present and future? Probably not, but both things happening have made my day super exciting. (Anyone else think it's odd that Jenni made one of these great things happen and J.K. Rowling made the other. That's two J's folks go ahead and count them. Sorry I'll stop now. Unless I think of something else like that if you combine "Behind the Naugahyde and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" there are 7 H's within. And yes I know it's sad that I counted those.)

I got a chance to read the completed chapter of Behind the Naugahyde and now I'm making some notes and Jenni will make some notes. Then we'll combine minds to either act or not act on particular notes. Then we'll do the acting or not acting. After that it's on to chapter 8.
As for the Deathly Hallows release date I am excited but also bummed since it will be the end and of course I'm naturally always bummed that I am not the author. I will still count down in great anticipation and will be in line at midnight on July 21. The store I bought the last three at is out of business so I'll either have to brave the long line at some giant store or find another independent store. And no I don't care if it cost more. Also I will have to ask for the Friday and Saturday off of work. On Friday there will be all kinds of festivities which I cannot miss and I need Saturday to read the book before someone ruins it for me. And someone will because mean people do that.

So it's been an exciting day for me. I made it to the library and found the book I was looking for. I actually ended up going to the branch in the richer part of the capital district which was lacking in parent-free children but was not void of snotty librarians. Not that I'm complaining. It's more of a comment. I could never complain about a place that lends me numerous amounts of books for free. I love that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plus, it's 2007 and I don't know for sure but that I could have emailed around 7 o'clock! :)

Ashley said...

Oh I didn't think of 2007 and I checked the time you sent the e-mail and it was 5:37. At least there's a 7 in it.

Anonymous said...

Plus our plans to complete 7 books in the series? LOL (Or at least, having enough material to work with to do so!)