Friday, February 23, 2007

Good bye to where it all began

Am I the only person that just can't sign into blogger. If I try the regular 'sign in' page it takes hours to load and today I tried signing in by leaving a comment. It told me I had an incorrect password for twelve tries so finally I gave up and came back later. It's just becoming a big pain.

Enough complaining.

Good news, Jenni and I managed to get chapters 10, 11, & 12 of Behind the Naugahyde planned. From what I hear Jenni has already got a big chunk of hers done and well, I haven't started.
On a sad note about Naugahyde, tomorrow will be the last day that I will work in the store that started it all. The store where I met Jenni, the store that had all the crazy customers and employees that may or may not have inspired the novel, the store with the ugly, green, Naugahyde curtains.
I'll still be employed by the same company and there is always a chance that I could end back at the other store for a short or long period of time for various reasons. And to be honest the store really hasn't been the same in a long while. Still, it's sad to think about it. The other store is lonely, it has very few customers and I think they are a different kind of customer, I'm not sure yet. Most of all they only have one stock room/wall with one entrance and it has a fabric curtain, not Naugahyde.

3 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Ashley, see if any of this information helps:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41971&topic=8914#wronguser

Anonymous said...

Maybe it would help if you thought about it like research for the sequel? ;)

But I know how you feel... every time I visit, I get all nostalgic and misty-eyed. I fear that someday I will have to install naugahyde curtains in my own home LOL ;)

D.B. Echo said...

Wow, there seems to be an epidemic of "job dynamism". Many of the people on my blog links are going though job changes of one sort or another. Including, it turns out, me!