Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sci-fi stories and work drama.

I haven't gotten much done this week. I did my obligatory submissions on Sunday but not much else. I guess I thought I would take a small break since I just got done writing a novel. Ideas for my next project are in the works. My plan is to write a sci-fi/fantasy story. I know I'm a genre hopper but I don't want to get stuck in a rut and to be honest I'm not entirely sure what genre I would want to write exclusively. I read everything and I want to write everything.

I had been reading sci-fi short stories trying to get inspired for an idea but I wasn't having a lot of luck. Then I started thinking about the awesome Jenni, fellow author of Behind the Naugahyde. It was her strong belief in animal rights that got me thinking about this idea. I'll give more details when I figure them out but for now I must keep everyone in suspense.

Aside from vague descriptions of sci-fi stories I don't really have much else to say about writing for now.

I am excited that next Monday I will start a new job but really it's still my old job. I'm moving to a different location where I will have no one to talk to and little work to do so I will have plenty of time for writing and reading.
The drama leading up to the new position has been so ridiculous that the sequel to Behind the Naugahyde has pretty much written itself.

Lets hope next week involves less madness and more writing.

No comments: