Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little something upbeat

I'm sorry to burden everyone with sad post. It's not good so here's a post about a little something that is good. Literally, there's good in the name. I'm talking about GoodReads.com.
I joined back in October, but I wasn't on it much at first. My co-worker, R the artist, invited me but hasn't been on it since to approve our friendship. So I felt lonely but then I found someone I knew and then someone I knew found me then I started sending out invites.

I think it's a really cool site for serious readers. Anyone can discuss books, review books and rate the books they've read as well as list books they're reading or that they want to read. There have been dozens of times on here I've been trying to figure out what to read or looking for a particular book and I feel like this site is perfect for just those occasions.
Lots of times I find that I want to read a really good book but how to know which one? The only books I ever hear much about are classics and popular, mainstream books. So hopefully GoodReads will be full of suggestions about lesser known books that are great reads.
Who knows maybe one day I'll have my own book on there. Ian at En-Blog has his short story anthology Chopper listed on GoodReads.

Of course, I sent Jenni an invite and she's hooked. I also sent D.B.Echo an invite but he has yet to list any books!
I've added a widget (what an adorable name!) to my sidebar. A few of my highest rated books are listed and clicking on GoodReads goes to my profile where the above mentioned friends can be found.
Now I'm off to read. It gets my mind off of things and I'm also eager to list another book on GoodReads!

4 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I'll have to check this place out.

D.B. Echo said...

Heh. I've been pretty unliterary lately. The last book I read - and only in parts - was "The Beasts that Hide from Man: Seeking the World's Last Undiscovered Animals", all about cryptozoology ($7, Barnes & Noble bargain books). That, and "MAD for Decades."

D.B. Echo said...

TOMORROW!!! TOMORROW!!!

D.B. Echo said...

OK, I've started adding books!

Now, when are you gonna write a review for RENT? I've been getting hits from Baltimore all weekend, and I'm currently the #3 Google result for "kristenalexgriffith.com" (after the site itself, which has been cybersquatted, and siteforrent!)