Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sending Submissions

I just accidentally deleted everything I just wrote, so here we go again.

Since the comic is now finished, I have been looking through it. Summer classes are now over and after all my worrying I still managed to pass. I'd tell you my grade but I don't want to brag.

I was also inspired by events last week and wrote a short fiction story. Rather than sitting on it, like I do with most of my work, I sent out a stack of simultaneous submissions. So keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know when the rejection notices start flowing in.

While we're on the subject of submissions, may I just mention what a pain it is to send out submissions. Every editor wants the work sent in a different format. So you can't just copy a story and send it in. Each publisher's guidelines also include the note that if you don't do it exactly as they tell you, they'll toss it in the trash without a glance, which makes me wonder, if they have a standard system for writing (like MLA, APA, and Chicago), why can't they do the same for writer's submissions. It would give writers more time to do what they are really good at. Drinking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Ashley! Congratulations on the good grade in your class.