Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Notebook

I'm going to take a break from talking about my current projects and talk about my notebook.
Three years ago I bought a red three subject notebook with the intent of writing a story in it. Then I had a tiny notebook I would carry around for ideas. The only problem was that the tiny notebook wasn't good enough. It was too small. I would get inspired to write a scene and would struggle to fit it in the little notebook. That's when I decided the giant red notebook would go everywhere with me.
And over the last three years I have filled it with story notes, blog ideas, pieces of fiction, random lines, doodles, play lists, song lyrics and to do list. Then last week I noticed it was full. I went through and pulled out pages that went with certain stories and filed them away with my notes for each story. I went through to find anything I might need in the near future and then I filed the notebook away in my filing cabinet.
Two days ago, I started a new notebook. It's just one subject, not nearly as big as the old one but that's okay. I really don't think I need to be carrying around three years of notes anymore.
It's kind of fitting that it should be full now because I feel like I'm starting a new chapter in my writing endeavors. Over the past year or so I've put very little effort into my writing. But now I'm trying to get back on track and I think starting fresh with ideas and notes is just another thing that needed to change.

No comments: