Sunday, March 18, 2007

Under $10

Well after a bunch of attempts I finally got my sitemeter working, my sidebar now includes a list of blogs and a writing tip of the day. Plus, as can be seen, I decided to change to the super cool red template since I never figured out why I had a green one. Not that I'm dissing green. I like green, but I love red.
Anyway, at work last week I mostly read since I have a book that needs to be taken back the library but I'm not finished. I did write a little bit of chapter 10 of Behind the Naugahyde. Of course since I have to write long hand at work, now I have to find time to type up what I've written.
My new job is really boring, I don't have any crazy stories that would make good book material because no one comes in.
I did go to the book store this weekend and I got a book, 'how to edit your novel', on clearance for $3. I wonder what the quality must be if it only cost $3 but I'm on a shopping kick where I don't buy anything over $10. I've been using this with books, clothes and movies and it's working out pretty well. What did I do with all that saved money? I bought a giant stack of comic books and it's a crazy loophole because they are very rarely over $10 a piece.
Speaking of comics, I did get to see 300 this weekend. I had never read the comic but I liked the movie. I didn't splurge for the IMAX though.
Hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Patrick's day and didn't get too drunk off of cheap green wine that cost $2.50 a bottle but since it was green it was on sale for $2.00. Oh wait that was me and notice it's still under $10!

Been watching: The Winner, Dead Like Me
Just saw: Lemony Snicketts and a Series of Unfortunate Events

2 comments:

tiffany said...

i think my boyfriend almost shat himself with happiness when he saw 300.
and i only say that because it ounded better than the other thing i could have referred to.

anyhow.
i hate to ask a totally lame question...
but, do you have myspace?
i'm just trying to figure out a way where you guys could have some kind of contact with one another.
maybe it would be good for both of you.

p.s.
ok, i just realized that might seem creepy...like, 'hi, my name is tiffany.would you like to make out with my boyfriend?'
that IS NOT what i meant.

i just know it's great when you stumble across people who love the same things that you love...
and he's a graphics person, while you're a writer person...
so maybe it would be good if you were aware of each other.
that's all i'm saying, i swear.

Ashley said...

Tiffany- You want me to do WHAT with your boyfriend?
No I'm just kidding. I do like to talk to other people that like my interests since some people look at me like I'm crazy when I start talking about them.
And yes I do have myspace. I think there's a link to it in my sidebar but with my template change it may no longer be there. So just in case.
www.myspace.com/ilovecomicbookgeeks

(I know, you're looking at me like I'm crazy right now as you read my myspace address.)

Thanks for thinking of me!