Saturday, March 10, 2007

I fixed it. I think.

Okay, I fixed it. Apparently my browser sucked. So now in order to post I had to get Firefox as recommended by the blogger support staff. It's a bit of a pain to have to log into it but at least I can sign into blogger without having to wait two hours or leave a comment. And I can now post something other than just a really long title. Now onto the excitement.

I would have fixed this stupid thing yesterday but I was too busy having a rockin' time. Jenni and I, along with the rest of my adoptive family, went to see RENT! The show kicked butt and the theater was beautiful aside from the tiny rows that didn't allow for short little me to cross my legs without kneeing someone in the head. I felt even worse for Jenni and family because they are quite a bit taller than me so their long legs were wedged against the seats. Of course I fell asleep the night before without somewhat straightening my hair thus it was so huge I was afraid I would knock out the person behind of me. The rows were just that small. Anyway, we were all too busy loving the show to worry about the seating. I laughed, I cried, I tried really hard not to sing along. Needless to say I can't rave about it enough and I don't want this to be a novel length post so I'll leave it at that. I will add that the best part by far was the company.

So this week wasn't a very productive one as far as writing goes. I did however get more done than last week. I did a few submissions and I finally got some down time at work which I used to update my personal journal about all the chaos of the last few weeks.
Also, I started editing a story that I would like to start subbing. It needs a lot of work. It had a horrible opening line and paragraph, several grammatical errors and the tense I wrote it in was not consistent. Goodness.
And unless you count all the awkwardness and ignorance that occurred at work this week and spending time with Jenni, I did not get any work done on Behind the Naugahyde.

I did manage to see Ghost Rider last weekend. I haven't really read too many comics with Ghost Rider so I'm not sure how the movie compared. I do imagine that the penance stare is cool in the comic books but it doesn't really translate well onto the big screen as the big finish for beating an evil villain in an action movie. I was impressed that Roxie didn't just sit around waiting to be rescued(Don't want to spoil anything). Over all I'd say it was a pretty decent movie.

5 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Don't forget your SiteMeter! It looks like you may have to reinstall it. It hasn't seen any of my visits lately.

And Firefox is good, but it's not all that Firefox fans claim it is. One of my most popular posts ir for a solution to a Firefox problem:
http://anothermonkey.blogspot.com/2007/01/computers-bloody-computers-firefox-and.html
(Be sure to scroll down to the "Update" part!)

D.B. Echo said...

It looks like your Sitemeter is coming back, gradually. It's up to March 11 now.

The code for the Writing Tip of the Day can be found here:
http://terrywhalin.blogspot.com/2006/11/daily-writing-tip-at-your-site.html

D.B. Echo said...

Here's the add code itself:

http://bookproposals.homestead.com/Addwritingtip.html/

Anonymous said...

I loved RENT! And it was so fabulous to see you and get to hang out (and not have to worry about customers LOL).

Ashley said...

Jenni- Your love for RENT does not surprise me because you're cool like that. And I'm so glad I got to see you without crazy customers around. They always seem to come in during the best conversations, don't they?

Harold- Thanks for the tips. I think my blog may be back to normal soon. If that's possible.