Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So little time

Okay, although I've kind of sorta started it, I'm not sure I can get my science fiction story finished and edited by the deadline. So I was thinking that I could switch my sci-fi/western comic into short story form but I'm not even sure I would get that done in time. My other option is sending in an already completed story and the only one I have that would qualify, I'm not sure actually qualifies. The whole story revolves around the idea of teleportation but it takes place in current time and has no other science fiction element. Is that enough sci-fi for an all science fiction contest? I'm not sure. I guess I could attempt to finish one of the other options and if it gets to close to crunch time I can try the teleporting story.
I feel like ever since I started my new job I've had so little time to write, which disappoints me. Whether I ever get paid for it or not, writing is something I think I'll do for the rest of my life. On the other hand, selling shoes for the rest of my life, I hope not.

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

Don't feel bad about submitting a science-fiction story that has very few science-fiction elements. Fritz Leiber's short story "Gonna Roll the Bones" is a dark fantasy with science-fictiony elements hastily interwoven (with lines like "watching him like an eagle, or a pop-up satellite" throughout). It won a Hugo.