Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My journey begins

Hello Everyone! As I start my attempt at becoming a comic book writer I have decided to log my experiences for everyone to read. Now you're welcome to sit back and laugh at me and the stupid things I am bound to do. I'll start today by mentioning what I am currently doing.

I just recently finished an 8 page sci-fi/western story that is suppose to go in a collection of stories with the same genre. If all goes well this will be my first paying comic book job.

I have been writing for as long as I can remember and nothing I ever felt was worth sharing until about two and a half years ago. After a lot of work, self-doubt and editing a year ago I finished a script for a comic book idea I had that really inspired me and made me think writing comics might be something I could do. After several company rejections and trying to find an artist to work with I decided to self-publish. Recently, I have finished a rewrite of the first issue and it's now in the process of being edited. I am also trying to rewrite the next three issues. Meanwhile, I am trying to decide graphic novel or separate issues. That's where I stand right now. I hope to add more on frequently and let everyone know how the situation's evolving.

No comments: