Monday, July 23, 2012

Measure Your Life In Love

Yesterday, my husband's grandfather passed away. While I did have the privilege of spending time with him, I didn't know him really well but I look at Facebook and see all of his kids and grandchildren changing their profile pictures, followed by comments from many people. It's easy to see he was a good man who is loved.

It is hard to watch my husband hurt and not be able to do anything for him. That makes my heart hurt.

My mind is filled with thoughts about loss, love and life

I don't know a lot about my husband's grandfather but I know he bought a copy of Tuesdays With Morrie for my mother-in-law. She let me borrow it and when I read it there was a note stuck in it from her father. It was an nice letter. He talked about how things were going with them and said that he hoped she enjoyed the book because he did.
I can see why he enjoyed it and I think it's beautiful that he wanted to share it with his family. That gesture alone says a lot about the kind of man he was.
Tuesdays with Morrie is a book about love and life. If you haven't read it, you should. 

No comments: