Monday, August 23, 2010

Back at it

I'm still thinking about what I am going to do. The cool weather with the cloudy skies has me thinking Fall and that time of year always puts me in a writing mood.
I did some writing today. I did a little work on a story I had started a while ago, back when I was trying to write a funny science fiction story. Although, I never found a strong market for funny sci-fi, I do think it would work in just sci-fi.
Of course, I haven't found a lot of markets for just humorous short stories, which sucks because it's the direction I always felt pulled in.
Anyway, the short story is about a guy who can't figure out where six weeks of his life went and the only person he has to help him figure it out is his not too intelligent best friend. They compile a list of possible explanations of what could have happened and try to rule out the possibilities one by one.
I don't have strong feelings about this story. I don't love it but I don't hate it. It just feels good to be writing again. I think it's a good place to start off.
Lets see if I can keep up the pace this time.

No comments: