Sunday, May 02, 2010

Blog slacking...again.

Okay, I suck as a blogger. I haven't posted in a while and really I have no excuse for that. I would write a big update on what's been going on but the truth is that nothing noteworthy has happened these past few weeks. I've just been living life and enjoying it for the most part.

This weekend my boyfriend and I went to see Rob Schneider and that was a pretty funny show. His humor was actually pretty intelligent and not just 45 minutes of him yelling "you can do it!" The crowd, however, was a different story.

My hope had been to go to Penguincon at least one day this weekend but money kept me away. Since I've switched jobs and bought a new car, I'm trying to get used to less money and getting paid different days. So right now the budget is tight.

I had writing group today. So I worked on turning another section of comic script into prose and met with my writing group. A lot of the writing this week was humorous and once again I find myself drifting toward writing humor.
And that reminds me that I'm still working on my humor/sci-fi story that I was suppose to have done months ago.

Other than that not much is going on. A few weeks ago I did finally get around to reading Dune. I still couldn't believe I had yet to read it. At least I can now scratch that off my list. Now I'm reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

Until next time...( and I make no promises about when that will be)

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I saw an episode of Castle for the first time this weekend and saw someone who reminded me of a blonde version of you. Which is pretty funny if you know what episode was on - but it was the non-imaginary girlfriend of one of the characters who was revealed at the end of the show, not one of the dominatrixes-for-hire featured throughout!

Someday I would love to float the idea of an Exquisite Corpse writing exercise with you and others.