Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Good tidings to you!

Happy Holidays! So where have I been since falling off the NaBloPoMo wagon? I've been around. The holiday season has started and unfortunately for me holiday cheer doesn't fall from the sky. There are select people, or a person, in every family that make the holidays happen. Sure everyone pitches in to some extent. They buy a few gifts, bring a dish to pass or sometimes they just show up. But, there are those special people who make everything come together.

About ten years ago my grandma stepped down from that job and it was passed onto me. So at this time my life is consumed with shopping, decorating, baking, cooking, cleaning, wrapping, Christmas cards, organizing, planning, and doing my absolute best to make everyone as happy as they possibly can. It's almost like managing a business.

Is it worth putting my entire life on hold to make sure that everyone else enjoys themselves while I run around exhausted only to end up with generic gifts, a messy house and a fridge full of leftovers? It must be. Why else do I keep doing it?


Well I have made a few minutes for writing among all of this chaos. I met with my writing group Sunday. Sure I printed out the wrong parts of their stories so my critiques were formed in ten minutes but I guess it's better than nothing.


By the end of the week I should have the final touches done on the story that I was suppose to submit at the beginning of December. Then I'm starting my next story and that has to be ready by February 1st. No exceptions.

No comments: