Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"...they simultaneously murdered the English language."

Last week I watched the season premiere of Castle, a show on ABC. This is it's second season and unfortunately, I didn't catch any of those episodes. I have to say that I really like this show. It's really funny and interesting.
The idea is that a famous novelist is doing research for books by following around a NYC homicide detective. This famous writer, Castle is played by Nathan Fillion formerly known as Captain Malcolm Reynolds in the TV series, Firefly, and movie, Serenity. He manages to bring humor to serious characters and he was just absolutely funny in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Castle is an interesting character. He's cocky as a writer but also actually good at the detective work.
In last night's episode he obsessed about a murderer who used improper grammar while writing on a dead body. And while the NYPD are wearing bullet proof vests that say "POLICE" his vest says "WRITER".
It's a good show but I can tell that it's not going to be one of those mainstream hits like CSI and I worry that it will be canceled prematurely. However, it made it to a second season so I'll continue to watch. Hopefully, I'll have more good things to say and maybe get a chance to watch the season one episodes.

No comments: