Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bands and books

I started my short story that I mentioned in the last post. I think I'm going to call it Helping Hand, so that's how I'll I refer to it for now. I have really gotten much done but the day is young.

Last Thursday I went to see a band called Brena and they were awesome. They have a very cool mainstream rock style going on. I liked them so much that I just uploaded their new album on my iPod.
Yes, that's right. I now have an iPod. After years of saying that I want one, but not buying one for various reasons, an iPod nano has managed to fall into my hands. So now I can create all kinds of awesome playlists for all my writing endeavors.

I started reading Lord of the Flies and I just bought the 38 Most Common Fiction Writing Mistakes. Both are pretty short books. I like to envision me having them both done by the end of the week, but I hate to get ahead of myself.

2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

I wonder if one of the 38 most common fiction writing mistakes is "referencing an easily-verified fact or technique and getting it exactly wrong." One example is a climactic battle scene in Braveheart, which takes place in a wide open field, but was actually supposed to be the Battle of Stirling Bridge - a tactical victory based on the ability to control both sides of the bridge, cuutting the English army down to easily-handled clusters of soldiers. Another classic is in Lord of the Flies...but I'll wait to see if you spot it yourself!

Bobby said...

Fill your iPod well!

Work hard on your story!