Sunday, November 02, 2008

Two in a row!

Over the past week, I made my first attempt at converting a script into prose. It was actually a mini-movie that I wrote. There were never any plans to make it but I always thought it would work better as a movie. If I were forced to describe by using other movies as examples I would say that it’s kind of a cross of Clueless and Clerks.
I was worried that it wouldn’t work in prose but the transition seemed to work out okay. I was able to use inner monologue for the main character and I think that definitely added something. Although, I think visuals would add to the humor.
The plan is to take it to writing group tonight and see what they think about it. I’m sure they’ll just be excited that I finally sent a story that is upbeat and funny (I think).

No comments: