Saturday, August 09, 2008

Books are my new blogs

I want you all to know that I feel very lonely not having regular Internet access. I miss my daily blog readings. If your blog is in my sidebar I most likely checked it daily, if not twice daily because I have no life. Now I only get to check them once a week.

I'm trying to get over my loneliness and utilize my time without the Internet. I'm happy to report that I'm up to 32 novels this year, which has me well on my way to this being the year I finally read 50 novels.

I finished Iron Kissed from the Mercedes Thompson series, the werewolf books, by Patricia Briggs. I was seriously surprised by the end of the last book. Usually nothing bad ever happens to the main characters. Something almost always prevents it just in time. This book did not end up like that. I was amazed the writer had the nerve to do that. And from what I read she's writing another book in the series. I'm curious to see how that turns out.

Today, my co-worker and future roommate lent me the last book of the Twilight series. I find the main character to be selfish and whiny, and I can't understand why two immortal and supernatural beings are fighting over her. Yet, I can't seem to go without ever knowing how it ends. My co-worker dropped me some hints about why I'll like the main character, Bella, even less.
After that I'm not sure what I'm going to read.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm almost through the 4th book. Not sure of my opinion on the series really.

Unknown said...

Don't have internet access...noooooooooooooooooo!!!

I had a really good pace of books read this year until I took on The Historian and the Lord of the Rings within weeks of each other. Both are such long reads. I thing when I'm done with LOTR, I'm going to read several short books to get back in a rhythm.

D.B. Echo said...

Hope things are progressing for you.

By the way, if ever you get a call to be a part of a focus group or research study, do it. They pay good money to get your opinion. In two hours last night I earned more money than I do in two days at work...which is really, really sad.

To better days, for all of us!