Monday, October 16, 2006

I can never say the right thing.

Finally, I have ink, and stamps. I'm running a little low on big envelopes but I can get out a few submissions and some query letters for now. Although I must say trying to decipher all my submission charts is starting to give me a headache. Maybe I need to go back to my old way of hundreds of scribbles in the margin of my Writer's Market, which reminds me I need the 2007 edition.

The other day I ran into a friend that I hadn't talk to in a while thanks to an awkward situation. I had thought in my head a hundred times of what I would say to this person if I bumped into them. Of course they totally caught me off guard and I bumbled out a bunch of stuff that was not what I planned to say, made no sense and made the situation potentially more awkward. I'm pretty sure I ruined what was left of the friendship.
What's any of this go to do with writing? Well I hate talking to people. The above situation is why. I don't seem to have the ability to think before I speak. I can't plan it out and edit it, no matter how hard I try. I always seem to mess it up. That's why I like writing. I can think it through, I can fix things. Maybe a well written letter can get the friendship back on course. I don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave totally the funniest comment ever, and then even with editing it, I sounded pretty dumb, so you got this instead, which didn't help the case much. (Sometimes it's amazing that you are willing to co-author a novel with me...)

Ashley said...

All I have to say to that (all though it's probably not the right thing) is... WTQ? Jenni, You are so weird!
I luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh snap, I can't believe you dropped the WTQ bomb! You so totally flipping rock, dude! ;)