Sunday, June 11, 2006

Entry fee?

A while back in one of my writing classes we were given these cards to write random ideas on. Then we all drew and we had to write a story using the two cards we picked. I had chosen bubble gum and door-to-door salesperson. So I wrote my crazy story. My teacher put a note on it, saying that it was funny and I should submit it to a short-short contest.
Personally, I wouldn't normally submit a story of this nature. I'm sure it's a decent story (my professor never really held back when work wasn't good) but it's the kind of thing that you might find in a middle-aged, housewife kind of magazine. I'm fine with having a story published just about anywhere, so that doesn't bother me. The thing is that the magazines I can find that would fall into that category are all 'agented only' submissions. Did my professor realize this and that's what inspired the contest comment rather than a submit comment? I'm not sure but the biggest question is whether the story is worthy of a $10 entry fee?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I read it?! :)