Monday, July 18, 2005

The Torture

It's been a while since I have written so it must imply that I have been busy at work. This implication would be false. While I have been working on my final paper for my summer course and keeping up on the reviews, I haven't made much progress in anything else. I know, that's not a good reason, especially since I am suppose to have my comic finished by the end of the month. Never fear it will be done.

I know there is never a good excuse to not work as hard as I possibly can but I must admit I took a break to read the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. (And may I just say in my defense that if you ask most writers, they say if you want to write you need to read a lot.) Anyway, I know I should be working on my grand master piece instead of reading someone else's and I intend to. The problem with these books and many other great and renowned stories is that they give me depression. And no, I do not have post Potter depression because I read my books so fast I'll now have to wait another two years, at least, for the next one. I become depressed because I think that no one is ever going to care about my work and that's if they ever read it. I'm not expecting to have millions of people going mad waiting for my next installment, but sometimes I feel like there will never be one person that will actually be moved by what I write, probably because I'm no good at it. So for those of you who do actually read what I have written, sorry for the torture.

No comments: