Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to writing group

I know my next post was suppose to be about Faith In The Moonlight and how that story came to be. But it's an in depth story and I just don't have the time to do it justice right now. Today is my only day off of work this week so I've tried to pack in a lot of stuff and unfortunately, a long blog post is not one of those things that made it into the final cut.

However, writing group was one of those things I did manage to fit in. We didn't meet last month due to crazy schedules so it was nice to get back in the swing of things. I brought another scene from Incognito, my former comic book script turned prose.
The last time we met I brought the final scene from my first "arc," which is really about as far as I had gotten in the comic book script besides jotting down a few ideas. So today's piece was all new writing for characters that I had not written original material for in about five years. Very weird to try and pick up where I left off, but having been converting the story from script to prose over the past year did help keep me in touch with the characters.

It was a good meeting. We also touched on the subject of NaNoWriMo, but highlights of that discussion will have to wait for another post.

No comments: