Monday, March 02, 2009


It's been over a month since I posted. And the last thing I posted was that my dog, Darlington, passed away. Two days later my grandmother went into the hospital for the third time in two months. After three weeks there was nothing more they could do for her. Last week I said goodbye to the woman that raised me, and my best friend.
It's hard not seeing her or talking to her everyday. There have been a lot of good things and bad things in my life lately. I'd give anything to talk to her about it. She always seemed to know the right thing to do.
So I'm a little lost right now. I can't really promise that I'll try to write more now that I'm not spending all my spare time in the hospital. But I am here and thank you to all of you who have been sticking with me.

3 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

That sudden availability of spare time is one of the most bewildering aspects of this whole experience. I remember after my father died, I found myself driving aimlessly through a shopping center parking lot one day after work, thinking "Now what should I be doing?"

My deepest condolences. My first thought is the same thing I wrote after Darlington died: the pain of your grandmother's passing will be with you forever, but in time it will diminish and be eclipsed by the loving memories of your time with her.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say I love you! :)

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm am so sorry for your losses. You can still talk to your Grandmother, she may not be there in person to answer back but you never know, she could hear you. And sometimes lost is where we need to be.

I hope that doesn't sound flip. I'm not trying to be.