Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where did the time go?

Ah the start of vacation, it seems so long ago. It was the last time I posted. I would like to say that I got everything done that I wanted to but I didn't. It just wasn't long enough. However, I did get some of the stuff done that I wanted to so it wasn't a complete failure.
What's been going on since vacation? Work. There are lots of changes happening at work and most of them involve me having more work to do and not getting compensated for it. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
What else is going on? Two doctors appointments. Don't worry I'm not sick. It's just that after walking up to 13,000 steps everyday I work (yes, I wear a pedometer), I can't step down on my left foot without crying out in pain. Why? Well I have bunions on both sides of both feet and on the outside of the left foot my deformed bone is causing a giant blister inside my foot. I have a shot of cortisone in there right now, which is helping but it's a temporary fix. The only permanent solution is surgery. They want to straighten the bone. Sounds delightful! The only bright side is that I'll get medical leave from work if I do end up having surgery.

I have the next two days off and I have a To Do List for those days.
-Finish editing my story for First Line. I'm struggling with this real bad and I'm not sure what to do.
-Finish my scene for writing group next week.
-Find a humor literary magazine that is currently accepting open submissions and preferably pays.
-Find somewhere else to submit my story that got rejected from Apex Magazine

I guess I better get started.

No comments: